Thursday, June 3, 2010

Introductory Post!

Hey! Welcome to my D&D blog.

I am: a lady, a very self-conscious person, a bibliophile, a long-time video game lover, very picky, not a hipster.

And I am about to run my boyfriend a lunchtime 4e D&D campaign set in the Points of Light.

I'm pretty nervous about running this campaign. I've never run a game lasting longer than two sessions, due to my own anxiety or real-life issues impeding free time. This game is also a continuation of a dinnertime campaign my boyfriend ran me about a year ago, so while I already have several really cool NPCs and antagonists set for use, I have a lot to live up to as well.

So I created this blog to help my organize my thoughts on how best to run game (and also so that when I comment on other people's posts they can see that I'm an RPG lover as well, not an anonymous troll.)

Just to be clear about what I'm working with:
The game is set in the Nentir Vale (as mentioned in the 4e Dungeon Master's Guide), and deals with an incursion of starspawn that have all but destroyed Fallcrest. The starspawn are fought by an order of Sehanine known as the Crescent Knights, the last real force in the Vale after 10 long years. In addition to They have a few knights in each of the other towns in the Vale, who work alongside the local government to raise defenses and watch over the survivors of Fallcrest. The story opens in the dwarven city of Hammerfast which Sir Alek Wyvernjack, the last knight inducted into the order, has been assigned to guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment